Saturday, 02 April 2011

What next?

I should have known better than to pre-plan my day. After tidying the shop I no longer felt like starting the projects so I will tackle them early in the week.

My big boy had his favourite ball replaced this morning and he is one happy chappie! Rogan, adult Doberman male, known for instilling fear in all strangers who cross his path, has a thing for a rubber squeak ball - a pink one no less. His fondness for this pink object is topped only by his love of food. He is a strange one, but very lovable and good-natured with those close to him. He is my best friend on four legs :-)

   
When I asked for pattern suggestions on Facebook last month I received some great ideas from various people. As a result I made a large range of Dream catchers, some Flower-themed word art signs, a range of rustic Stacked crosses, the Fairy garden stakes, and the Ukrainian ornaments/plaques/crosses.

All of these proved to be popular and now I have to decide what next? With my own ideas and the constant stream of suggestions I receive, there is no shortage of inspiration - it is just a case of deciding on a theme/topic and then I can run with it. Maybe some shawl pins, or multi-sided bowls, or a few font sets for scrolling. To do the latter I need to first invest in font-making software so that people can install the font and use it that way.

Tomorrow is family day and I am doing a leg of lamb with lemon & herbs, roasted potatoes and some butternuts halved and filled with a mixture of feta, garlic & olive oil - roasted in the oven to golden brown. Mmmm, now I'm hungry. Maybe some fresh green beans from the bean plants I put in the ground 2 months ago - if Rogan hasn't eaten them all :-) As fast as the beans grow, he strips them off and devours them - the wayward child!

No comments: